*In Wendy Willam’s voice* ‘How you doooiing?’
I just took down my crochet braids today! See? I told you I can never trick myself into getting my protective styles to last more than 3 weeks! * Wash day post featuring Shea Moisture’s Retention Shampoo and their Restorative Conditioner coming up soon*
Okay. So I have been wanting to try this tag thing for a while now. You know, Just for you guys to have some insights about me and my hair journey. I hope you enjoying reading this.
1. Why did you start your hair journey?
I started my hair journey because I wanted long healthy hair keeping in mind that my going natural was just a phase. But along the line, immediately after my big chop, I fell in love in love with my hair and started taking my hair journey more seriously.
2. How long have you been on your hair journey?
It’s been two good years since I started my hair journey.
- Are you natural, relaxed or transitioning?
4. What is your hair length now?
As of April 2015, my hair measures 9 inches on the average which is shoulder length according to my own body proportions.
5 What is your hair texture?
My hair is kinky coily. Its densely packed with tight 4a coils.
- Health or Length?
No length without health. So Health!
7 . If you could only live with one hair product what would it be?
That would be my favorite deep conditioner. Vitale hair Mayonnaise. It doubles as a slippery detangler too!
8 What’s the worse product you’ve ever used?
I rarely have bad experiences with products I use. Well that’s because I don’t use much products. But lately , I have started experimenting.
9. What is your ultimate goal length?
Waist length natural hair 🙂 + (shoulder length twistout..lol)
10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated?
I think the maximum hydration method is over rated.
11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated?
I think Shea butter is underrated.
12. What is your favorite part of your hair regimen?
I love washing my hair (because that’s when I get the most opportunity to touch it…lol..)I also love stretching my hair (including length checks to show me my hair length and how far I have come.)
13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?
Detangling my hair…Lol..so time consuming and energy zapping.
- When was the first time you got your hair cut?
That was my first big chop. August 2013.
- What is one hair care rule you never follow?
Staying away from bad products like mineral oil, dimethicone, etc. If my hair likes it, way to go! Moisturizing and sealing daily (Ain’t nobody got time for that)
- Have you ever had a hair disaster?
Oh yes. I remember when I got an injury from a nail on my scalp. The doc had to scrap off some parts of the front section of my hair to address the injury. It was a funny look I tell you.
- What do you love about your hair?
I love how dense my hair is!
18. Oils or butters?
Butters any day!
19. Bun or ponytail?
16. Wig or weave (or neither)?
Both but more of wig.
19. When is the last time you’ve been to a salon?
That was New year’s (2015) eve.
20. What do you like to surf the most: YouTube channels, personal blogs or hair forums?
YouTube channels 🙂
21 What is your go to hair style?
A chunky twist out/ Puff
22. Are you a product junkie?
23. How often do you trim your ends?
2 to 3 times yearly.
- How often do you use heat?
No more than 4 times a year.
25. Do you take supplements?
I used to. I don’t anymore.
26. Who is your hair crush?
I really don’t know her name but she runs a hair blog. Naturallycurious.com Her hair is freakishly amazing! Don’t believe me? Then check out her blog!
27. How long does it take you on wash day?
From shampoo to deep conditioning to detangling, a little bit over an hour.
28. Worse thing that ever happened to your hair?
Ha! That was when I decided to experiment with banana as part of my deep conditioning mix. The banana got stuck in my hair because I didn’t blend it well. I had to carefully use my hands and comb to get it off.
29. Do you dye your hair if so what colour?
I have never had a dye job since I was born lol. I’m planning to dye my hair soon and my guts are screaming dark purple!!!
30. Who do you tag?
I’m tagging anyone that gets to read this!
Feel fee to try this out if you want to!
Until Next time,